Saturday, June 29, 2013

{Amazing Owen turns 6}

Today is Owen's 6th birthday!!!  He bounded into our room this morning at 6:30am and requested to open his presents.  I suggested some morning birthday snuggles instead, which he happily accepted.  We then looked through his photo albums from the day he was born, while we waited for the rest of the family to wake up.  We had some good giggles as we reminisced about the picture of him pooping all over me and the open mouth kisses he used to give.

In our family presents are opened first thing in the morning even before breakfast.  Who wants to wait all day to open gifts, not me!



He is obsessed with Skylanders and picked this out months ago from the store.
 Owen has always loved dressing up and was ecstatic about his Hulk fists.  I'm sure these will cause several problems...bloody noses...fat lips...hurt body parts, but I knew he would be so excited about them.  I'm sure I will regret buying them by the end of the day!


We went to see the movie "Monsters University" and then went to Frugo's for frozen yogurt.  He asked for it instead of a cake.


I asked him what special dinner he would like for his birthday and his response was, "Toast for dinner and peanut butter and jelly for lunch on your bread you make."   I'm glad he loves my home made bread so much.

It is hard for me to believe my little Owen is 6 and going to be in school all day in a couple of months. He is growing up way too fast.   He brings so much joy to my life!  He is my most affectionate child and is always willing to give lots of kisses and hugs.  He is always the first kid to wake up, so I get to  enjoy lots of cuddles from him.  He is kind, smart, and funny.  He has me wrapped around his little finger with his big blue eyes and sweet smile, especially when it comes to meal time.  I would do just about anything for this kid and I love him more than he will ever know!!!

No comments: