Me at age 3! I can still remember the feeling of the wheat between my toes and all the hidden wheat in my clothes!
Even as a teenager, my sister Carmin, and I still loved playing in the wheat!
Well 32 years later and my passion for wheat is renewed! My great friend Darcy, started grinding her own wheat and making homemade wheat bread. After going to her house and smelling the amazing smells of fresh wheat bread in her oven and tasting some of her bread, I too wanted to start making bread for my family.
I remembered as a child my mother making homemade bread, so I called her up and she informed me that she still had the wheat grinder and Bosch that she used to make bread, but hadn't used it in years. I quickly let my request be known of how much I would love to inherit the Bosch! The next thing I knew, I had a wheat grinder and Bosch delivered to my door! I am so grateful for my parents who gave me this amazing gift! For some reason, this sweet gesture brings tears to my eyes! I could not be more excited to start making bread out of the same mixer that my mom used to make bread for me as a child.
I enlisted in two of the cutest helpers to be my assistants in the kitchen. I wanted to share this bread making experience with my little girl!
These two girls chose the boys' Iron Man and Hulk aprons instead of the girly ones. Being a Super Hero makes baking more fun!We purchased 50 lbs of wheat and started grinding! Mya and Elliott were amazed to see the before and after process of the wheat being ground up. They too were playing in the big bucket of wheat before it was ground up. It brought back good memories!
So my bread might not be the most sanitary! It was hard for them to keep their hands out of the ground wheat too!
Then the mixing began!!! They giggled as they watched the batter spin and spin and spin! Then they started eating the batter and licking the spatula. It was so yummy I just let them go ahead and enjoy the dough.
The finished product!!!!
My whole house smelled like a bakery and the loaves where devoured in a matter of minutes by the kids and their friends. I have sense made more loaves and have been passing them out to neighbors and friends! I really enjoy the whole process and feel a since of pride that I can make a fresh loaf of bread.
I am so grateful for my wonderful memories of growing up in Kansas and the beautiful wheat fields that I took for granted. I am thankful for my generous parents and all the love and support they give! They mean the world to me! I am truly blessed!






No comments:
Post a Comment