Sunday, May 19, 2013

{A Night in China Town}

We had the best group date with our dear friends on Friday night!  We all piled into the Patterson "Beast," which is a big white 12 passenger van and drove to LA for a night of fun!  
 We went to China Town to shop.  However, by the time we got there most of the shops were closing, which didn't disappoint Kenny in the least!
 We have the best of friends!  The Patterson, Headley, Ugapo clan sure does know how to have fun.







We ate great Chinese food at this restaurant.  We ate so much food that I felt sick.  Jokes were made, stories were told, and memories were made. 
Kenny taught me a fun way to read a fortune cookie when I first met him.  He said to add, "while in bed" at the end of the fortune.  It makes the fortune a lot more interesting!!!  We introduced the concept to our friends and had some great laughs.  I had a good one!

So being in LA late at night, we were destined to run into at least one crazy person.  As we walked back to the car, a skinny man walked past us and with a taser, held it up with it turned on and mumbled something to Mason.  Masons hand went straight to his pocket where he had just purchased a butterfly knife.  Luckily, the man kept walking, but it did make my heart race.  I think the man realized we had some pretty big boys with us.  Well four of them at least!

So after eating until I was about to purge, we went to the Donut Man, to eat some more.  It is a donut place that has won several awards on the Food Network channel and it stays open 24 hours a day.
I was shocked when we rolled up at 10:30pm and saw a line wrapped around the building.  


These girls Rock!

 There were tons of donuts to choose from, but I went with the award winning, Strawberry Stuffed Donut.

 It melted in my mouth and went straight to my thighs, but it was worth it!

I do not remember the car ride home because I slept the whole way snuggled up to Kenny, but I do remember a lot of laughing as I fell asleep.  I am so grateful to have such fun friends and for a wonderful and safe group date.






No comments: