Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{Fabulous 32nd Birthday!}

I had a wonderful 32nd birthday!  It started with snuggles in bed at 6 am from Owen.  He wished me a happy birthday and then asked me, "Mom, does this mean you are a grandma now?"  I guess in the eyes of a 5 year old, a 32 year old is OLD!  He then went on to tell me, "I love you all the way to the moon and back, the earth and back, the mountains and back, and to the sun!"  Thats a lot of Love!

My sweet husband surprised me with a dozen yellow roses and made the kids and I delicious french toast for breakfast.  The kids then showered me with gifts!  They each came up with their own gifts for me and I loved each and every one of them!   Mya wrapped up her dolls pink blanket, 6 of her books from her book shelf, her salt and pepper shaker and pan from her kitchen, and her door sign that says, "Mya's Room" into a Captain America bag for me!  She was very pleased with herself and I told her we would read all the books today together.  Owen covered up a box of space bags that I had bought at Costco yesterday, with a blankie and gave it to me.  I acted totally surprised and gushed over how much I need them.  Ian wrote me a card and told me that he loves when i rub his back and that I am kind and a good mom!  He also strung me a necklace out of ribbon and plastic rings and gave me $ .62!  He believes getting money is the best, even if its just change!  Drew had a little help, unknown to him, by me with a gift.  He told Kenny that he wanted to give me a book and "50 bucks!"  Kenny asked him where he was going to get the money and told him he could give it to me from his birthday stash.  Drew didn't seem to eager about that and let it go.  I told Kenny I had a book I bought for myself for Christmas and to give it to Drew to give to me.  He did and Drew was smiling from ear to ear as I told him that the book, "Forget me Not," By Dieter Uchtdorf was a book that I had always wanted to read.  I adore my little family so much.  These thoughtful gifts mean more to me than any store bought gift.  I am so blessed to have four amazing children and a husband who loves and respects me.

I received tons of cards, texts, phone calls, & facebook birthday wishes from friends and family.  Then the goodies started piling in throughout the day!!!!  The way to my heart is through my stomach & that means Chocolate!  

 Jessica made the biggest mint chocolate cookies that were to die for!!!  Mint and chocolate are a favorite of mine.  In the card she wrote that the cookies were "MINT" for me!

Girlfriends surprised me at Pizza Hut for lunch and brought cinnamon rolls, a platter full of chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting!  I was in Heaven at this point!  I love my friends!!!  

 Kenny came home from work and handed me a new i phone 5!!!!  Its beautiful and I went and picked out a K-State purple case to protect it!

That evening I left Kenny with the kids and went to church to spend time with ladies.  We had a western theme and danced the night away.  We ate chili and cornbread, my stomach by this point was belly ache full!  Which in my eyes, means my birthday was a success!
    I even won an award for best dressed!

Friends from church

I came home and Kenny and I watched the movie, "What to expect when your expecting."  It made me glad that my pregnancy days are in the past!  

I felt so loved today, so thank you all for making me feel so special!  I was given bubble bath and lotions and a gift card for a pedicure, so I am going to pamper myself again tomorrow! 
 I love being in my 30's and look forward to many more birthdays to come!  


No comments: