Sunday, October 7, 2012

{General Conference}

I love watching General Conference with my little family.  General Conference is a time when members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, from all over the world get to listen to our true and living prophet.  We watched the Saturday sessions at home and went to the church on Sunday to view it on the television there, with hopes that our kids would be more attentive.

For Family Home Evening, the monday prior to conference,  I talked to the kids about the prophet King Benjamin.   I showed them a picture of King Benjamin preaching to the people from a tower.  I explained to them how people traveled from afar to listen to him speak and put up tents with their doors facing him, so that they could hear his words.  We decided to build our own tent for conference, so that we could listen to the prophet and his apostles, just like the people from King Benjamin's time.

We rushed home from soccer and quickly built our tent.

The kids gathered blankets and I provided them with quiet activities to keep their hands busy while they listened.


 

 I am so grateful to know that we have a living prophet, who leads us and guides us today!   The gospel brings me peace as I strive to keep the commandments.  My life and the life of my family has been so blessed with the knowledge that we know that Jesus Christ loves us, knows us, and hears our prayers.  My greatest desire is for my children to gain strong, personal, testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel and to raise up their own families to the Lord.

 

WE are Mormons, We Know It, We Live It and We Love It!

No comments: