Ian is almost 8 and has only lost one tooth, which was pulled by the dentist. His tooth was loose and ready to come out, but he wouldn't let any of us touch it. He can be so stubborn! He was supposed to be sleeping, but he is the master of procrastination, and kept getting out of bed to look at his tooth.
He tried to pull it out, and kept wiggling it with his tongue, but it didn't pop out, like he hoped.
We tried a string, but he freaked out and wouldn't let me pull it. He came up with his own idea to use a clothespin! Unfortunately, that didn't work either. I told him how my dad was so good at pulling teeth, that the neighbor kids even came to him when they had a loose tooth, and since I was his daughter, I would be just as good! He didn't buy it and even asked to call Grandad. Grandad and Ge gave him some encouraging tips and calmed his fears. Ge recommended he try eating an apple, so we tried that too! With no luck and still refusing to let me touch his tooth he demanded,
"Mom, I'll let you try if you give me $20!" I told him he was crazy and then I remembered the power of the i-phone. I handed it over to him and told him he could play a game while I wiggled his tooth. He agreed and I yanked it out with one swift pull! He was surprised at how easily it popped out and was super giddy!
The drama of one tooth lasted over an hour, but at least it is out! The tooth was slid under his pillow, even though he said, "I know the tooth fairy isn't real, so you can just hand me over the money!" This boy is causing me gray hairs, but I sure do love him!

No comments:
Post a Comment