Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cedar Hollow

"I'm a little bit country" when it comes time to go back home. What can I say, it's in my blood! My parents own 250 acres of land just outside of town and I love spending time out there. My mom calls it Cedar Hollow. They bought it so we could have a nice place to relax, play, and make memories while we were growing up. We sure did play while we were there!
The old house has walls that are 2ft thick and the mortar is horse hair and mud. It was built in the 1800's.

This is a bluff overlooking a field where a lot of deer and wild turkeys roam. We hiked up this bluff!
Grandad took the boys hiking down the ravine where fossils were plentiful!
The cousin's balancing act!
The boys trying to sink a log.
Our family minus Mya, who was napping with Ge.
Drew, Mom, cousin Jace, and Ian all going for a ride on the 4 wheeler.
Grandad and Ian on the 4 wheeler.

2 comments:

Pattersons said...

wow! how fun!!! looks like you all aren't missing california at all:) say hi to ge for me please:)

Brady, Theresa, & Lily said...

That looks like fun! We had a big feild that we would always play in growing up and it was Awesome!! I have a weird question though......did you ever find a porno magazine in the feild. It seems like everyone i know that grew up by a feild found one of those in it. Anywho, see you Sunday!