Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Ty & Tara Elliott
We traveled to Oklahoma to see my baby brother get married. He found a great girl, someone who puts up with his shenanigans and who also likes to hunt! Their wedding was beautiful and we felt honored that they asked Ian to be the ring bearer.
Ian all decked out in his tuxedo with my little niece Jaxyn, who was the flower girl. Don't they look adorable?!!!
I wish I would have videoed Ian fulfilling his duties as the ring bear. He started off doing great! He arrived at 1pm to get dressed in his tuxedo and to take pictures before the ceremony started. He took pictures for hours and did it willingly ( the fact I bribed him with a toy of his choice probably helped). The actual ceremony started at 6pm, so he spent the whole afternoon hanging out at the church in a tuxedo. Before we went to take our seats in the second row, I gave Ian a kiss, told him to smile, and to go when he was told to walk down the aisle, just like he practiced the night before. He said okay and off I went. The music starts, in comes the bridesmaids, and then a prolonged gap. I look back and see Ian standing at the back of the church with his fingers in his mouth, wide-eyed, and not moving! I motion for him to come and he starts walking. The whole time he is rubbing his gum with his finger, because he has a canker sore due to me accidentally poking him with his toothbrush the night before. I keep trying to have him put his hands down and Kenny beside me is saying, "Way to go. His mouth hurts from you brushing his teeth too hard." Of course he didn't say anything about his mouth hurting all day, he saved it for the wedding! So he goes up the steps and stands next to my older brother who is the best man. Ian then proceeds to shake his shoulders and pull up his pant legs. At one point he grabs his crotch, I guess to readjust or something. My sister and brother-in-law at this point are trying not to laugh out loud. He has a scowl on his face and is frowning, obviously bothered. He then starts to pull off his jacket. The whole time I am down in my pew, shaking my head NO, and holding up my fingers 1,2,3! It didn't help. The kid knew I couldn't touch him in front of everybody. My older brother, kept leaning down whispering to Ian, but it did no good. Ian acted like he was dying up there during the whole wedding! I wanted to clobber him! As he started to walk back down the aisle, he got to my pew, looked at me, and said, "I'm so freaking hot!" Luckily my brother Tyler and his wife didn't notice him at all, which was good because everyone else did. I was told that it was terribly hot up there with all the lights, candles, and good old OK humidity. I still think he could have held him self together a little bit. He didn't get a toy.
Mya and grandad dancing at the reception. We had a great time and are so happy for Tyler and Tara. Congratulations and Enjoy the Journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh wow you had me laughing reading your post. Ian rocks :) although I know I'd be just like you shaking my head and mouthing things and counting...dying watching! But hey, it makes for a good story.
way to go ian!...i mean he really should've listened to you johanna:) hehehe. nice pics!
Post a Comment