Kenny and I were both in total shock when we cut the cake and saw pink. I balled like a baby and he was giving me high fives! The boys are excited to know that they are getting a little sister.
We are going back for another ultrasound in 2 weeks because our Dr. was only 70% sure it was a girl. I guess if he is wrong we will just have to have another party with a blue cake.
Thank you to all of our wonderful friends who came out to celebrate with us!
19 comments:
Congratulations! What a fun way to find out. She'll be a very well-dressed little girl. If you're going to continue with vowel names, how about Isabel or Ellen or Uma?
I wish we could have been there. Believe me, I've been thinking about you all day. Congratulations! Hopefully it stays a girl. I love the idea! Maybe I'll have another one just so that I can have a cake, too......
Congratulations, you are so creative Johanna! Glad to see you will get your little girl finally :) Hope all is well!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting to mix things up a bit! I love having children of both genders -- it keeps things interesting.
Hope we'll get to catch up with you in CO in June!!! our love to you all!
Martha and Joe
I already told you but I am thrilled for you! You will do awesome with a little girl. I can't wait to see Kenny with a little girl...maybe he will take back some of the names he has been calling Dan all these years after he has a little girl! XOXOX
congrats! there is something special about a baby girl! i'm sure she'll be spoiled rotten
I've been dying to find out the results!!! I almost called you last night at midnight when I remembered your party....but Kenny might have killed me. Congrats!!! Bring on the bling!
First blog I checked today! SO FUN!! I'm a bit biased but girls rock!
I still think your idea for finding out is so rad and I'm totally going to do that next time (aka our last time) :)
She'll be taken care of by her older brothers that's for sure.
Congrats you guys!
Yay! you get the Summers girl maybe that means I get the Summers boy! few more weeks and we will know!
that was so fun johanna-thanks for letting us be a part of it! congratulations and i know you'll be a super rad girl mommy:)
Congratulations! When I got a text that said "pink frosting" I assumed you meant to text someone else. Then when Kenny called me the next day, I realized what it had meant. I've very excited for you.
I meant to ask about the cake. DId you have it special made or do places make those cakes and I have just been in a cave!? So is part of the cake blue inside? Whatever- it is such a fun idea!
YEAH!!! I'm thrilled for you guys! You'll LOVE having a little girl.
hello- if it is to be a vowel name, it must be an E- Elizabeth. It's even a family name. Congrats!
awwww!! It had me all teared up reading your post! I am so excited for you!! I was keeping fingers crossed that it was gonna be a girl! How exciting!!
That pic of you and your hubbie is priceless. How exciting! Girls are so much fun...you'll love it. How neat that she'll have some big brothers to watch out for her.
I am so excited for you both. A daughter!! That is exciting. Ken you are going to love having a daddy's girl! I just excited to welcome another beautiful baby into the family.
The boys are going to be great big brothers!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an awesome way to break the news, too cute! We sure miss you guys and Beaumont! I'm super excited that you got your little girl! -xo-
I AM ESTATIC!!!! Were you so nervous cutting the cake? I would have been. HOW FUN!!!! I seriously can't type enough exclamation points!
Post a Comment