Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Last night we dyed Easter eggs and it was quite successful. I was anticipating spilled dye all over my tile, staining the grout, but to my surprise we had no accidents. I will have to hard boil more next year because after the boys completed the dozen they wanted to do more. We would have actually had more if I hadn't gone to the bathroom while the eggs were cooling, leaving Owen, who now climbs the bar stools onto the island, and smashing six of the eggs. I love toddlers.....


Owen kept calling the dye, "Jooose." My job was to keep him from drinking the dye and eating the eggs.

Drew liked writing on his eggs with the magic crayon. He wrote his full name on several of the eggs and has informed us Not to eat his eggs. Of course he won't eat them either.

Ian was quick and just kept tossing eggs into the different cups. He did try an egg this morning but said he didn't like the yellow ball in the middle.


We hope you all have a wonderful Easter. The boys woke up to the house filled with candy eggs hidden everywhere. We then went off to church, boys with sugar high, and celebrated the true meaning of this Easter season. I hope we may all reflect on this day the glorious life of our Savior Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Pattersons said...

oh what fun! we dyed eggs last night and the kids had a blast. thanks for all your help in primary and thanks for being such a good friend. happy easter to you too!:)

{Erica} said...

I love the pictures of each boy...so fun!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Babbel Family said...

MAYBE next year I will give it a go! Thanks for the pep talk! xoxox