Drew has been on Spring Break, so we have been having a fun filled week. Yesterday morning the boys and I went out to Palm Desert so we could visit the "Living Desert" zoo. We went with Melina and her children. Of course Carrie came too, she's like every kid's second mother and is always a huge help. We all had a great time and bought year passes. Drew's favorite part of the zoo were the cheetahs and the big model train exhibit. It was hard to tear him away from it and he did leave the zoo in tears because he wasn't done watching the trains. Ian's favorite part was the petting zoo. He loved brushing the goats. I was actually nervous about the petting zoo because I usually have Kenny with me at these kind of things and it was hard to watch the kids as they were running here and there around animals. Owen was the worst. He tried to lead one goat around the coral with his horns, tried to catch another one's poop, and held a huge rock in his hand, arm up, ready to huck it right at a sleeping goat! Oh the stress.... Owen's favorite part, tied with the goats of course, was the play area. There was a great water and sand table that he loved splashing in. I know for next time to change him into swim trunks before he plays there again. My favorite part was the butterfly tent. You walk in and butterflies are flying all around you. One actually landed on Drew's hand. It was lovely! I can't wait to take the boys back. We only made it through half the zoo, so we have a lot more to explore when we go back.
Drew, Sila, Mese, & Ian playing the drums.
Ian brushing a goat.
Nani and Owen with the goat that Owen almost beamed with a rock.
Drew and a goat.
4 comments:
that was so much fun! we're so going back to see the other half:)
It looks so warm there. Are there any orthopedic jobs there? I will move!
That looks like so much fun! So can you buy a pass there? the pass we have here gives us access to the science center and the zoo...is there something out there like that?
Wish I lived downt the street from you! We would never have a dull moment! You're an awesome mom!
Post a Comment