Tuesday, February 19, 2013

{Pack Meeting}

Ian joined boy scouts when he turned 8 and has loved getting to do fun projects and hang out with friends!  He was very excited to attend his first pack meeting.  He was asked to assist in the color guard and felt very proud.  

Ian and his buddy Tanner

The scouts worked on a service project where they made cards for children battling cancer in the Loma Linda Children's Hospital.

 Ian presented me with a mother's pin.
 Then Kenny flipped Ian upside down, which is a tradition at your first pack meeting, while I pinned on him his bobcat badge.  It is hung upside down and can be flipped around after doing an act of service.  Ian was able to flip his badge around later that evening when he consoled an upset Owen by reading him books.

We had a fun evening and I loved watching Drew and Ian receive awards for completing scouting achievements.  These boys are growing up way to quickly and I am so proud of their many accomplishments!  They are on their way towards earning their Eagle Scout Award!

No comments: