Saturday, February 2, 2013

{Good Bye Training Wheels}

Owen's training wheels have been off now for a couple of months.   He has been much more resistant to learning to ride without training wheels than his older brothers were.  He has been riding around our cul-de-sac, but did not seem to really enjoy riding his bike anymore and kept requesting that we put his training wheels back on.  We decided we needed to go out on a long family bike ride to build up his confidence and to be far enough away from home that he couldn't quit or he would have to walk home!

After A LOT of whining on Owen's part, we ventured out on our bikes.  Of course we had to bribe him to go with us, promising a chance to jump on our friends trampoline if he rode to their house.  However, only a few blocks from our house and nonstop bickering, he rode and fell right into a bush and wouldn't get up!  At this point, Kenny and the other 3 kids, yes Mya included, were way a head of us and I was left to deal with this!!!!
To get him to stand up I had to be the mean mom and tell him I was leaving, which I started to do!

We have to push Owen to do anything physical, but it always pays off in the end!  Not only did he rally, but he rode the whole 2 miles!    


 Drew and Ian slowed down long enough to let Owen be the leader for awhile, which made him ride even faster!



The beginning of the bike ride started out horribly, but by the end he decided that he did not need to put his training wheels back on!


Daddy and Mya
She could ride her bike all day without a single complaint!

I am so grateful for the beautiful winter weather we enjoy in Sunny California that permits us to go on family bike rides!

1 comment:

Summers Family said...

Oh, my! I can just see Owen. Love it!