As I dragged my four children inside the post office, an elderly woman was trying to balance two big boxes on her hip as she shut her car door. She almost dropped the boxes and Ian ran up to her and took one of the boxes. He said, "Can I help you?" She smiled and thanked him and followed him to the door. He then held the door open for her and followed her inside. He stood by her the whole time she was in line and even after she handed the boxes over to the postal man. He waited with her until she had paid her money and looked up at her and said, "Thank you for letting me help you and Merry Christmas!"
Thursday, December 20, 2012
{Service}
We are always encouraging our children to live a Christ like life. We try to instill in them the act of service and when you see a person in need, to reach out to them, and give them a hand. We also ask in our prayers to help us finds ways to serve others. I never really know if what we are teaching our children is sinking in, but today I was shown that it is!
As I dragged my four children inside the post office, an elderly woman was trying to balance two big boxes on her hip as she shut her car door. She almost dropped the boxes and Ian ran up to her and took one of the boxes. He said, "Can I help you?" She smiled and thanked him and followed him to the door. He then held the door open for her and followed her inside. He stood by her the whole time she was in line and even after she handed the boxes over to the postal man. He waited with her until she had paid her money and looked up at her and said, "Thank you for letting me help you and Merry Christmas!"
I was beaming and tried to hold back tears at the sweet compassion my seven year old son showed for this woman. I had never been so proud of him. I told him how happy he made me, the woman, and most importantly Jesus! He acted embarrassed, but still had a smile from ear to ear! Ian set such a wonderful example for all of us who observed his Christ like love!
As I dragged my four children inside the post office, an elderly woman was trying to balance two big boxes on her hip as she shut her car door. She almost dropped the boxes and Ian ran up to her and took one of the boxes. He said, "Can I help you?" She smiled and thanked him and followed him to the door. He then held the door open for her and followed her inside. He stood by her the whole time she was in line and even after she handed the boxes over to the postal man. He waited with her until she had paid her money and looked up at her and said, "Thank you for letting me help you and Merry Christmas!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a great story and what a great boy! He must have some awesome parents that teach him by example!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment