My wonderful neighbor and friend, Yarnida is an amazing cook! I get so excited when I hear my door bell ring and when I see her at my door holding a plate of authentic Mexican food. She has many recipes that I love. Ceviche is one of my favorites, so I begged her to teach me how to make it.
We went to Rio Ranch market to buy all of the ingredients. She shared her secrets with me on how to make the best ceviche.
We made a double batch for both of our families. I love how healthy and natural ceviche is!
Masterpiece!!!
Now here is how to make ceviche:
CEVICHE
Yarnida Hernandez
Ingredients:
1lb Raw Shrimp
1lb Imitation Crab
Salt
1 Bunch Cilantro
3 Tomatoes
1 Purple Onion
1 Serrano Pepper (Optional
~SPICY)
Oregano
1lb little limes
Avocado
Tostada Chips
Hot Sauce
Bring water to boil. Peel and cut shrimp into fifths. Once the water boils, turn it off and throw
in the cut up shrimp. It cooks in less
than a minute. Drain the shrimp and sprinkle
salt over them.
Squeeze the juice of all the
limes. Cut the imitation crab into
squares and add it to the lime juice. Let
it soak for a minute or two, then break up the crab with your fingers into
little pieces. Add the shrimp to the
crab and lime juice and stir. Dice up
the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and pepper and add them to the bowl. Flavor with oregano.
Serve on a tostada, with a
cut up avocado, and drizzle with hot sauce.
Enjoy!!!
I had a great time cooking with Yarnida and eating ceviche for all 3 meals! It was a cold and rainy day, which made staying at home, cooking and eating, even more enjoyable!
I am so grateful for wonderful friends and for them sharing their talents with me.
I had to stop eating ceviche, so I could pick up my kids from school. It stopped raining and we saw the most beautiful rainbows!!!
There is beauty all around....
What a good day!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment