Its that time of year again to take our family photos. I have a love/hate relationship with them! Every year I tell myself I will do better next year and will start deciding on outfits earlier than the week before we plan to take them. I also tell myself I will get them done in October, rather than procrastinating until the 2nd week of December and rushing to get cards made and worrying about the colder weather. And then I always tell myself, to just relax, that taking pictures is fun, and to not nag at the children and Kenny to smile! I have a picture in my head how I want them to turn out, thanks to pinterest, but some how our family never quite fits that mold!
Well I did it again! We just took our pictures last week and thankfully it was still warm, but I was definitely stressed out about it again this year. An hour and a half before we were to meet with Darcy to take our pictures, I realized as I was ironing clothes, and before I had even started getting my hair or make-up done, that I completely forgot to find clothes for Drew! How does a mother forget her first born child....I blame it on lack of sleep, due to these four children! I immediately started to panic and started texting friends to see if they had anything for Drew to wear! Luckily, my friends Crissa and Sandra came to my rescue! Not only did they find something for Drew, they revamped all of my outfits! I was pleased with the changes and am so grateful for amazing friends, who know just how to help!
This boy loves to give kisses right now and requests to kiss me 100 times a day! He's so sweet how could I ever turn down his request!
![]() |
| Andrew - 9 |
![]() |
| Ian - 7 |
![]() |
| Owen - 5 |
![]() |
| Mya - 3 |
![]() |
| Johanna (mom) - 32 & Kenny (dad) - 37 |
The boys were done by this picture, but Mya still needed her individual pictures. So we sent the boys on their way home. Darcy spent some time taking some pictures of Mya and I, which I love!
My little girl is growing up way to fast! I wish I could stop time and keep her this age forever!
Even though I find the whole picture taking experience stressful, I always LOVE the finished product! We might not be like the "model" families on pinterest, but I love us just the way we are, with all of our foibles! I am the luckiest woman to have such a beautiful and loving family! I will always treasure these photos as long as I live! A huge thanks to my dear friend/photographer Darcy, for capturing this special time in our lives!












No comments:
Post a Comment