Today was the first day I took pictures of the boys playing. I was cracking up as I viewed all 130 + pictures. In almost every shot the boys are all sticking out their tongues! I never realized this and I love that all of them do it! Its our Summers soccer trademark! This is the best one of Owen showing his tongue! He had just eaten a lifesaver, so the red tongue really sticks out!
Drew, team Galaxy, with his tongue out!
Drew had an emotional second game. His team was down 1-0 in the second half if their second game when Drew appeared to have scored. However, the linesman said the ball never fully crossed the goal line so the celebration stopped (Kenny couldn't tell- it was very close and was in the keeper's arms). Drew was livid. He began to cry and wanted to be subbed out. Kenny went to the sideline and gave him some water and spent the next 30 seconds encouraging, pleading, begging, and ultimately threatening him to stay in and keep trying. It took another minute for him to actually start playing hard but he seemed to rally. A few minutes later he scored another goal and started another celebration- unfortunately he was offside (he still doesn't know what that is) and the goal was negated. Fortunately there were only a few tears and he kept playing. Kenny and I and all the team parents kept encouraging him to try hard and get his goal back. Like a Hollywood story he scored again a few minutes later- no problems this time. Everyone was pumped and his teammates gave him lots of high fives. He came to the side just a minute later for the end of the quarter and Kenny asked him if he was excited. He wasn't- he was still mad about his goals being taken away. He replied, "The score should be 3-1!". Typical Drew. We were very proud that he kept trying and hopefully he learned a good lesson on never giving up.
Drew scored a goal in this shot!
He was pretty pleased with their double win yesterday, scoring in each game!
Ian, team "The Bombs, " with his tongue out!
He made four goals yesterday and has led his team to the last two victories!
Owen, team "The Mighty Dragons," with his tongue out!
In this division they do not have goalies, but he sure would like to be one!
I love watching my boys play soccer. Kenny always brings me a chair to sit in, but I never sit. I am pacing the sidelines cheering them on as loudly as I can. I am definitely a soccer mom, toting my kids from field to field in our mini van and I LOVE IT!!!!

2 comments:
The tongue thing is hilarious! The pictures turned out great! I think you have a hidden talent! :) You are a good soccer mom!!
Also, it took me FIVE tries with the "prove your not a robot" letter/number code! I seriously can't do those!!
Post a Comment