Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Ian's Teeth}

A couple of weeks ago, as I was rubbing Ian's back before he went to sleep, he asked me if he could get some gold teeth! I asked him why he wanted gold teeth and he replied, "They look cool mom!" I told him that people who have gold teeth are usually people who have bad teeth and that we like white, shiny, teeth. Seriously, the next day in the mail, he received this belated birthday card in the mail from my sister Carmin.

He opened the card and he was beaming! He brought it over to show me and said, "See mom, look how cool this looks!" I was shocked that we had just had this conversation the night before and then he received this card. I didn't even want to discuss it, so I just agreed that the man in the card did indeed have cool teeth....thanks Carmin!

So more about his teeth....Ian started complaining of his mouth hurting, so I looked inside his mouth and was shocked to see an adult tooth coming up right behind his baby tooth. The baby tooth was not even very loose. Ian is 7 and hasn't lost a single tooth yet.


I scheduled a dentist appointment, with Dr. Knight and we decided to have Ian's baby tooth pulled.

The very big needle he deadened Ian's tooth with...ouch!
Dr. Knight handed Ian the tooth extractor and told him to pull. Ian pulled out his own tooth!

He was very brave and so excited to have lost his 1st tooth!
Here is proof of the tooth he lost. Unfortunately, as he was racing Kenny outside, he lost the tooth. Kenny helped him look for it outside with flashlights, but then it started to snow, & the tooth was not found.

Ian pulled me into a room and shut the door behind us last night and said, "Mom, I know the tooth fairy is not real, but can you please just put the money under my pillow, even though I don't have the tooth?"

He was pleased to wake up to $5 this morning & couldn't wait to go to school to show his friends!

I hope the rest of Ian's teeth do not cost as much $ as his first tooth! Plus I hope he never has a mouth full of gold teeth!

No comments: