Thursday, February 23, 2012

{Firefighter}

Among my mommy list of things I do, such as: nurse, nutritionist, maid, taxi driver, chef, etc. I can now add firefighter! My sweet 2 year old girl, who I have decided has just as much energy as my boys at this age, decided to see what would happen when you cook a book in the microwave! You might ask, "Where was her mother?" I promise I was not intentionally not watching her, but she is quite speedy! I was in the front room, holding up my cell phone to the piano, while Drew played a song for my parents that he had just learned. I did not hear the microwave running, but I did smell the burning book, which sent me running!

Mya scaled the counter by hoisting herself up with her little toes on the lip of the cabinet drawers. Unfortunately it was not one of our own books, but a library book.

It burnt a hole all the way through the book!
THE CULPRIT!

We did have to pay a $10.00 library fee for damaging the book, but at least she didn't ruin the microwave since the book had a metal detector on the sticker or burn herself!

1 comment:

Darcy Case said...

Great photos, first off! Great story. I hate paying for library books. Glad it didn't leave the microwave.