Drew, Ian, and running partner Tanner!
Me and my boys!
My greatest fear for this race was keeping up with Drew. As hundreds of people lined up at the starting line to begin, I looked at my boys and told them, "Remember to stay together!" As the gun was shot to begin, Drew, ignoring what I had just said, took off like a lightning bolt, leaving me in his dust! Seconds later I hear this kid screaming and realize its Drew. Fifteen feet away I found him laying on the ground with blood gushing down his knee, elbow, and arm. He and another kid crashed into each other. I told my friend Crissa to go ahead with Ian and Tanner. Drew was cleaned up and I had to fill out a police report...lol! Drew and I were both disappointed he did not get to finish the race, but I was so proud to be able to stand at the finish line and cheer for Ian, Tanner, and Crissa!
Crissa said that she had to bribe the boys with snow cones, $, and a trip to the Dollar Store, just to keep them going! Luckily they all made it & I think they did a great job for their first race! They finished in 39 minutes and when I asked Ian if he had fun he just looked up at me and said, "No!" I'm just glad that he trained hard and had a strong finish! Next year Drew and I will definitely try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment