Saturday, September 17, 2011

{Its Great to be 8}

Drew just turned 8 years old! I can't believe how grown up he is becoming & what a cool little man he is. His birthday was a great day. It started with some gift opening.
Kenny got him the old school Nintendo 64 game Mario Tennis & I bought him a body board!
The boys got him his first baseball mitt and ball....
and Grandma & Grandpa Summers got him a map of the United States! Drew loves looking at all of the states he has been to. He wants to go to all of them like his aunties and still says that Hawaii was his favorite state to visit, but wants to live in Colorado.

Next we went to Oak Glen for some yummy apple cider donuts.
Then it was off to soccer games. The boys team, the Green Lanterns, finally had their first victory, with both boys making a goal and Drew doing two headers!

As soon as we finished up with soccer, we loaded up the car and headed to San Diego. We sang to Drew on the beach and he then jumped into the cold ocean water.

Drew's birthday day was filled full of fun activities! He is such a great kid, who surprises me everyday with his acts of kindness and his sweet temperament. I want to always remember him at this stage of his life, so I asked him a few questions.

A Conversation with Drew:

My favorite food is: Corn Dogs
My favorite sport to play is: Basketball
The best show on television is: Phineas and Ferb
The coolest person on Earth is: Robbie
My favorite thing to learn about in school is: Math
The thing I do most awesomely is: 100 jumps on my pogo stick
If I could go anywhere in the world, I'd go to: The funnest water park
My favorite color is: Green
When I grow up, I am going to become a: Fire Fighter
My current favorite song is: Follow the Prophet
The book I am loving right now: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Three words that describe me: Freckles, Green Eyes, Fast
My favorite season of the year is: Winter
The absolute best thing about camping is: Playing with Friends
The snack I like the best is: Cheetos
One food that I really dislike is: Potatoes
My best friend is: Robbie
If I had one wish, it would be to: Have Batman & Robin the Video Game
My best memory: going to the Denver water park with my aunties
The greatest thing about a computer is: Angry Birds
I am most excited about being 8 because: Cub Scouts
What I like most about my mom is: Rubbing my back before I go to sleep
What I like most about my dad is: Beating him in Super Smash Brothers

I love this kid so much and am glad that he was my first baby! I wanted more kids just like him. He is a great older brother and sets a wonderful example for his younger siblings. I am blessed to be his mother. I can't wait to see the Man he grows into, but for now i am glad that he lets me rub his back before he goes to sleep every night and that the last words i get to hear from his mouth are, "I love you mom."

No comments: