Thursday, August 25, 2011

Good-BYE to Diapers!!!



I have been waiting to write this post, since I started having kids almost 8 years ago. Mya, our youngest & last child, is turning 2 in September and I felt like she was ready to be a big girl & use the potty! I also didn't want to spend another $40 on a box of diapers from Costco. I have always potty trained my kids when they turn 2, without any trouble. It usually takes 3 days of staying at home around the potty and by then they usually have it down. Mya has done super with the exception of one accident on our leather couch, which wiped up easily.
She loves to read her "Everyone Poops" book while she sits. If you have never read this book, its a must for potty training and it is the funniest book I think I have ever read! Mya also likes to have her Little People dolls sit on the potty in their house at the same time. This morning I was out watering my plants and I came back into the house and Mya brought me her potty chair and exclaimed, "Ma-ma I poop!" We sang the potty song, did some twirls in the air, and celebrated with a cookie and 4 M&M's!

Owen gives Mya moral support, so he gets rewarded with potty treats too! What a wonderful day in my life! No more stinky diapers to change!!!!

1 comment:

Ruth Kelly said...

Yahoo! No more diapers. I can remember when my kids were little and they got potty trained.