Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let the school year begin!

Today the boys started their first day back to school. Drew got dressed quickly, scarfed down his eggs, sat quietly while daddy gave him a father's blessing, & was out the door ready to tackle 3rd grade! Ian on the other hand, woke up saying he was scared, which was shocking to me! He was excited to wear his Pac Man shirt that he picked out, but other than that the morning was kind of a struggle. I did not expect this from my little boy who is usually pretty tough and who is almost as tall as me!
When I took them to the school, Drew quickly found some friends and told me he would find his teacher by himself. His independence and cool was radiating!
Ian was another story....
As he sat at his desk he quickly put his hands over his face trying to hold back the tears. His shoulders were quivering and it about broke my heart! I went and sat beside him and gave him a hug. We said a little prayer and I reassured him that he would be fine. He kept asking me to stay with him, but the teacher finally asked all parents to leave. I left him there crying and I felt like the worst mother ever!
I went and looked through the window in Drew's class and he caught my eye, so I blew him a kiss and he rolled his eyes and quickly looked away! I felt so rejected & thought he totally takes after his dad, who gets very embarrassed with any form of PDA! I went back to peek in the window of Ian's room, hoping that with a little time he would be okay, but much to my dismay, he still was covering his face with his hands, while every other kid was coloring. I had to just turn away and leave. I am dying to pick him up to day and see how it went. I will just keep praying for him & I'm sure by lunch, when he sees that I packed him a grandma's toll house cookie, all his worries will fade away!

No comments: