Sunday, July 31, 2011

{Loving the Aunties}

After our 2 weeks in Kansas, we drove back to Colorado to hang out with the aunties in Denver for a week. This week was also packed full of fun activities. It started with Gabbi's good cooking with the kids as has his 1 assistant.
Individually Grilled Pizza's....yummy!
We always eat well when Gabbi is around!

Pirate's Cove was the highlight of the week in Denver. Its an amazing water park that is tailored for young kids. My kids love to swim and especially love water slides, so they would have gone here everyday if they could. There were some tears shed when it was time to leave this cool water park.The boys decided that these are the best water slides they have ever been on. I enjoyed the lazy river that went around the slides! Mya was upset that she didn't get to go down the slides, unfortunately kids can't go down with adults.

The only thing that got my kids to leave Pirates Cove, was the promise of a sleepover at aunt Carol's & Kim's!
While the kids were away, the adults were at play! Catherine, Gabbi, Clarissa, Mya, and I went out for dinner at Asian Kitchen, where Mya and I ate sushi with squid on the top! We also spent one night shopping at the newly opened Ikea, where we were inspired to decorate Catherine's room. The next 2 evenings were spent with painting, organizing, and putting together furniture.

We spent one day at the Denver Zoo. I got to see a male giraffe try to have some fun, but the female giraffe was being stingy and pushed him away! I took this photo with my phone, so I sent it to my veterinarian husband, and his response was, "How awesome!"



drew and owen on a train
ian, mya, & auntie kim

Our month long vacation came to a close and Kenny flew back to Denver to assist me in driving all the way back to California. We were all so happy to see him again, and we have decided that being separated for that long will never happen again! I'm thankful for our wonderful family and appreciate all the fun they showed us over the last month. Our summer is coming to an end, we have had a blast, but now its back to school & soccer we go!

No comments: