My parents departed and Kenny's parents arrived. I am so grateful for them coming out to help us after my c-section. It was so nice to have them here and so nice to have the extra hands. I'm not sure how I am going to do this mothering thing by myself. I have been so fortunate to have such supportive family. Currently, Mya is doing great! She has gained a lot of weight and now even has some rolls. She continues to be smothered/loved on by her brothers and is easy going. The older boys love to hold her, but continue to call her a him. Owen continues to call her an it. He always says, "I wanna hold it. I wanna tiss (kiss) it! So toot (cute)!" We do think she is pretty cute! I love having a girl! After 4 c-sections the recovery has been harder after each one. I am still sore, but getting stronger each day. I can't wait to feel like myself again, so I can "mother" my four children.

Grandpa Summers meets Mya

Loves from Grandma Summers

A mighty miracle occurred while Grandma was at our house. Do you see that leafy green being placed in Owen's mouth? Owen, our only child who would not eat fruits and vegetables, was converted over this week to a fruitatarian while grandma was here. I was truly amazed as grandma told Owen to open his mouth and Owen obeyed. He didn't really seem to enjoy the whole vegetable experience, but he chewed and he swallowed upon grandma's request! Truly a hallmark moment in my eyes. He now eats carrots, broccoli, green beans, salad, and some fruits! I'm not sure how long it will last, since grandma has returned home, but I now know it can be done, even if not that enjoyable.
Three Generations of BYU Fans!
Drew and Ian got to go to their very first football game while grandpa was visiting. How fitting that their first football experience was going to a well loved, by dad and grandpa, BYU game. BYU played San Diego in San Diego so it was a perfect game to attend. The boys loved going to the game and are now true BYU fans themselves. BYU won which made it even more spectacular! I'm glad they were able to have this experience with their grandpa summers and Kenny.
After a week and a half of Kenny's parents being here we now move onto Kenny's sisters being here for another week and a half! I can't wait!
2 comments:
c-sections are hard! the recovery is so much longer, i've had both. i'm glad you have so much help, i hated feeling like i couldn't do the things i wanted to take care of the family. so i know how you feel, but know that they understand and want you to be better.
you have a neat family, i love to follow your blog!
also i didn't feel somewhat normal until the 8 week mark...hopefully it will be the same for you. good luck :)
Post a Comment