Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blessing Day

On Sunday, Mya was blessed at church. Kenny gave her a beautiful, heart touched blessing. I was so thankful to have both of our dads there to participate. Mya wore a dress given to me by my mom that she has had for over 25 years. She was unable to afford such beautiful dresses when she had me and my siblings, so as soon as she had the money she bought a little blessing dress for each of my brothers and sisters to use for our own children. I've had my little blessing dress hanging up in the closets of every house we've lived in with the hopes of using it one day. Well my day came and I don't think Mya could have looked anymore beautiful. It was a very spiritual Sunday for me as I sat with my four wonderful children, a loving husband, my parents, my in-laws, and friends. I am so thankful for the knowledge that my family can be together forever. I am so very blessed.
Mya in her dress given to her by Ge. She is also using the blanket that Ge made for her.
The boys adore Mya and are constantly telling her how cute she is!
Our family with both sets of grandparents.
Her sweet hands! A friend from church gave Mya a little blessing bracelet.
Misty, who traveled from Las Vegas to be apart of our special day. We always love having her around! Thank you for taking such great pictures!
This blanket that is hanging with the dress was made by love from my grandma Scott, Mya's great grandmother. She has since passed away, but her thoughts are always with us and I know she was one of the many people who loved on Mya before she came to us.

2 comments:

Pattersons said...

my gosh i got teary eyed all over again just looking at the pics. and reading your post!:) it was a beautiful blessing for a beautiful little girl:)

Kerry said...

Stubbled upon your blog and just had to comment. Those pics were amazing, especially the one with the boys holding their little sister. That is one lucky girl, no one is ever gonna mess with her!! Boys may be afraid to date her, but maybe thats a good thing? :)