Thursday, December 18, 2008

Who needs an MD when you have a Doggy Dr.?

On Monday night Kenny and I went down to Palm Springs for dinner with some friends. Just as they brought the food out, I got a frantic call from our babysitter saying there was an accident. My heart started racing as the babysitter told us that Drew had blood all over his hands and that he had a big cut on the back of his head. Kenny and I got our food to go and rushed home. Turns out he was playing on a bed and hit his head on the windowsill. He had missed the pillow. We came home and Kenny assessed the situation and thought Drew needed stitches. He didn't want to wait for hours at Urgent Care or have to hold Drew down while they deadened the area, so he decided to call our other "family" doctor....Dr. Westbrook, from Banning Veterinary Hospital! Mart met Kenny at the clinic, shaved Drew's hair, and glued up the cut while Kenny held Drew. Drew was appreciative of Mart's help and glad he didn't need stitches.

3 comments:

Big D said...

If Kenny is seeing people now I have this rash that I need him to look at, the next time you are in town

Williams Forever said...

Wow! good thing he is ok, Daniel had a cut like that too, the playstation fell on his head. he didn't need stitches either, good thing. and just when you said you are going crazy....=)

Pattersons said...

yikes! drew's a good sport-and are you sure kenny didn't get a double degree, vet and m.d.?:)