Friday, December 26, 2008

Tis the season to be Jolly!

We had a fabulous Christmas this year! On Christmas Eve we had the Dunn Family over for dinner. We had our traditional fondue dinner and dessert. It was quite scrumptious and as usual we had a fun visit with the Dunn's. The boys then were able to open grandparent gifts. They loved all their gifts and were extremely excited for Santa to come. Drew wrote Santa a letter, while Ian prepared his snack. Both boys were in awe that Santa could fit through the chimney and even made me take them outside to see the chimney on the roof. We then read Luke 2 before going to sleep and talked about the importance and miracle of Jesus birth.


So as I wrote previously, Ian has the "no control when it comes to gifts" gene and came running into our bedroom at 3:00am saying, "I think Santa came, lets go downstairs and see!" I put him in bed with us, which was a mistake because he kept asking every 5 minutes if we could go downstairs. Owen then woke up at 3:15 (I think he has the gene too) and I put him in bed with us also. Ian and Owen then proceeded to play in my bed until 4:30am when I finally threw Owen back in his own bed after playing on Kenny's head like it was a drum. I kept thinking, if Drew wakes up we are going downstairs, but he just kept on sleeping. Drew woke us all up at 7am and we headed downstairs. Drew's favorite gift: his new bike and horn
Ian's favorite gift: his $.40 package of skittles
Owen's favorite gift: his new soccer ball
Daddy's favorite gift: having three boys who all love soccer
Mommy's favorite gift: her new Pottery Barn light for above the island that is coming, back ordered until Jan.

We are so thankful for family and friends and hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you to all our family for the fabulous gifts!!!!

1 comment:

Pattersons said...

yeah for christmas with friends and family! glad you had a good one:)