There are two things that I have no self-control with: chocolate & presents. With this being the holiday season we have been given lots and lots of yummy chocolate, which I have successfully finished off by myself, and have gained five pounds. I will work on that next year!
Presents.....I love giving them and receiving them! However, I hate waiting to open them or knowing that someone has something for me, but isn't giving it to me right away. This has been a problem in my life for many years. When I was little, I found out from my brothers that my parents hid the Christmas presents under the stairs, so every year I would sneak downstairs and look through all the presents so I could see what I was going to get. I did get caught one year and got a talking to from my Grandpa Elliott. I know this is childish, but this is still a problem I am facing. Kenny knows this about me, so has gotten better at hiding my presents, I know this only because I haven't been able to find them yet this year. I am afraid though, that Ian has been born with this gene in him too. He has been asking me more weeks when are we going to open presents. He even plays presents, by pretending he is opening the presents and then acts all surprised by what is inside...he also wraps himself up and we have to unwrap him. This morning I told the boys that we can open "grandparent presents" today after dinner if they are good. Well the only thing that Ian heard was, presents & today. So as I was doing laundry, I hear Ian downstairs saying, "Oh wow, that is cool!" Right away I know that he has just opened up a present, but instead of being mad at him, I was really secretly hoping that he had opened up one of my presents instead of his own! I can't wait until tomorrow!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment