Monday, December 29, 2008

Mario Kart - The Next Generation

Kenny & Ben

I've been told, that back in the days when Kenny attended BYU, that he and a particular friend, Ben Barlow, spent hours/days playing Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64. I believe it is because of this game that Kenny did not date very much and was still single when he came out to K-State for Vet school. So, I guess I will always be grateful for this game and how it kept my husband so occupied while in Utah. I'm just glad he didn't have anybody to play it with him while in Kansas.

My brother Adam bought Kenny a Nintendo 64 for Christmas, so Mario Kart has now reentered our lives. Of course all the boys, both big and small, have a love for Mario Kart. Ian is quite a natural and even beat me today! I love how excited Kenny still gets when he plays and I'm happy that he has some buddies to play with him.
Its a little harder to play when you have kids crawling all over you!

BEN...this is an open invitation...please come out to CA to visit, so Kenny can play someone who can really test his skills!

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

This cracks me up. We rented Mario Kart for the Wii over Christmas. Emilie was a natural. We spent HOURS on end having a round robin tournament. One night as our "date night" Ben and I played for several hours straight. During which he told me "all of the strong friendships in my life have come from playing Mario Kart".
So funny!
You and Kenny need to get a Wii. Then we can play each other over the Wii channel! It's SO MUCH FUN!!!

Kristy C said...

Hope you had a merry christmas Johanna!!!
Here's my blog link
http://kristychristopherson.blogspot.com


oh and you know something funny........Heather Williams is my SIL's sister :) what a small world eh?
Happy New Year!