This was the first time ever, that he requested clothes and shoes for his birthday! He was also specific of where they should come from....Under Armor. I guess it is the popular brand these days!
Never before has he ever cared what he wears or has he worn anything with a lot of color. That was all about to change!
The colorful socks!!! Kenny gave me a look of disgust when he saw them! Granted he is the man who only wears grey and blue!
The bold bright shoes!! Drew's response when he saw them, "These are SICK!"
That is a good thing :)
When he pulled out the neon orange shorts and shirt he yelled, "These are the beast!" I had to ask again, "That is good right?" It is if you were wondering! He quickly changed his attire and his confidence sky rocketed! He walked with his head raised a little higher and I loved to see it! He asked me to spike his hair and then the best line he said that morning when he looked in the mirror, "I feel alienish!" Which means he looks different!
Day 2 of new shoes and socks!
I figured this was my last year of going to the school and eating lunch with Drew. My veggie lover requested salads from Cafe Rio. He scarfed down his salad so he could go outside to play football, leaving me with a bunch of boys to eat with!
I figured this was my last year of going to the school and eating lunch with Drew. My veggie lover requested salads from Cafe Rio. He scarfed down his salad so he could go outside to play football, leaving me with a bunch of boys to eat with!
Drew had a Bonfire/Night Games Party
(Shelby the dog is liking the cupcakes as he is being sung to...gross...I didn't realize it was happening...they still ate them)
Brooklyn blew out Drew's candles for him!
The night consisted mainly of the boys running through the trails of the "forest" for 3 hours.
They played capture the flag, ghost in the graveyard, sardines, and flashlight tag.
There was a lot of tackling, laughing, and pulling.
Drews presents were delivered in toilet paper....
kleenex boxes...
and even one in princess wrapping paper!
All the boys had a great time eating s'mores and scaring themselves in the dark!
My wish for Drew is that he will always be confident, fun, and Choose The Right! He is such a great kid and I am so proud of the man he is becoming. He never ceases to Amaze me!!! I am so blessed to have him as my son! Love you Drewsy!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment