Tuesday, September 16, 2014

{Hunger Pains}

Poor Clarissa started throwing up blood and went to the emergency room to see what the problem was.  After several tests, they learned that her lap band had slipped and was cutting off all food and liquid to pass through her stomach.  They loosened the band, gave her an IV,  and sent her home.  However, she kept throwing up and she hadn't eaten or drank anything for several days.  She went back to the emergency room and they decided to have surgery to remove the bands.

I was grateful that Kenny and I were here to help her and Kelly through this ordeal.  This is one of the many reasons we decided to move to Grand Junction, was to be close to family.  It was a scary time, but through prayer and Priesthood blessings, she came out just great!  

Mya loved visiting grandma up at the hospital!  The nurses were so kind and gave her juice and snacks.  Her favorite part was taking grandma on a walk!



Clarissa is a strong woman, a fighter, and I loved seeing her strength even when she felt so miserable.  She is an inspiration to me.  I am so glad she is feeling better.  I need her help with all the mom responsibilities!

No comments: