Sunday, April 28, 2013

{Silverwood Lake}

Our friends, the Westbrooks, invited us to go with them to the lake to play on their new boat!  After spending the morning outside working, the lake sounded like bliss!!!  We had a blast!!!!

Getting everyone ready with life jackets was a chore.



After listening to some instructions on different hand motions to give, to let the driver know if he should go faster, or slower, or to stop, we were ready to go!!!

Drew was first up to go out and ride on the inflatable tube.


He was a natural and loved every minute of it!!!  He was standing up and kept putting his thumb up to go faster!

Ian was surprisingly nervous for some reason!  He did not dare stand up and never requested to go faster.  He was done after only a couple of minutes. 

After watching Ian, Owen decided he wanted Chandler to ride with him.  You can tell by his face that he too was a little leery.
Owen is giving the "STOP" signal with his hand!!!  He did it the whole time he rode!  Of course Kenny said, "He's fine" and they just kept going!  We just cheered him on and waved at him!  We tend to push our kids :)
Mya takes after Drew (and me)  and is adventurous!!!  She did NOT want anyone to go with her!
She kept giving the thumbs up signal to go faster!
Then she surprised us and stood up!  She loved it and the attention she got from all of us on the boat!

It was my turn next!!!  I wasn't going to let all the kids have all the fun!  Ryan encouraged me to try knee boarding, so after he got in and showed me how to do it, I jumped at the chance.  

It was so much fun!!!! It was a thrill!  However, when I put up my hand to stop, just like Owen had, the adults just started waving to me too!!!!   My dismount, or lack there of, sent me flipping through the water and hurting my neck!  I realized Ryan never told me what to do when I was done and I didn't just let go of the rope like any normal person would do!  Kenny thought I was saying I was ok with the speed.  He obviously didn't listen to Ryan's hand instructions!
 We found a cove to park the boat and let the kids swim. 

 We discovered a great rope swing that sent Drew swinging in the air and splashing into the water!



 I didn't go on the swing because of my sore neck, but I wish I had!  I guess we will have to go back!  Next I want to go water skiing!

We had such a fun day playing with the Westbrooks!  Our kids all want to go back and ride on the tube again, so I guess even though they were a little skeptical, they still enjoyed it!  I'm so glad we have friends who have a boat!!!  




No comments: