Friday, March 8, 2013

{We Must Face our FEARS}

Owen's battle wounds have healed nicely from his fall off of "Fish Head Rock."  We decided we must make him face his fear and go back hiking in the same place so that he will again have a love for our beloved rock!  He wasn't too excited to go back, but the dogs sure were!!!



 We love the trails and all the rocks to climb all over.

 Kenny is standing on the ground where Owen landed after running off the edge of the rock.  He is 6'2" and thinks the drop off is around 11 ft high.
 He was lucky not to land on the rocks at the bottom!  Fortunately he landed on the dirt trail.

 I kept reminding the kids to stay away from the edge and to not be silly!  Look how well Owen is listening!!!
 This time Owen can be, "King of the World!"


Everybody was kept safe on this outing to Fish Head Rock.  I think the love for our rock has been restored in Owen!  I am so grateful that Owen has healed from this experience.  I just wish I could get that image of him falling out of my head!

No comments: