Sunday, March 24, 2013

{Blue & Gold}

Yesterday we celebrated the Cub Scouts birthday party at a Blue & Gold banquet.  Each boy was asked to bring a cake that they made to be judged and enjoyed for dessert.  The boys were given a theme for their cakes: Resourcefulness!

I gave the boys some cake options and let them decide what they wanted to make.  Drew wanted to make a fish cake in a fish bowl.  Fish are resourceful right?
 He made the whole cake by himself!

Swedish fish were placed throughout the "water!"

 He was very pleased with his finished product!


Ian decided on making Kansas Dirt Cake!  Dirt is also resourceful!


It was very hard for him not to eat all the gummy worms!
Flowers for the cake to finish the look!

They both did a great job and were eager to see all their friends cakes.  We went to the event and were shocked at how amazing some of the other cakes were.  


I thought this cake was adorable!  Duct tape is very resourceful!  
   I am very proud of my little cub scouts!   I am grateful for the experience Drew and Ian had in following an assignment and gaining the knowledge of making a cake.  I think they are so cute!

No comments: