We are so lucky to have a friend who is a Fire Fighter! I asked our friend Mario Westbrook what schooling he needed and told him about Drew's project and he asked if he could come to our house to talk to Drew!
Drew was so excited and made a list of questions to ask him. He wanted to know how to be the captain, so that he can be one some day too!
He got to dress as a Fire Fighter and realized he has some very big shoes to fill!
He can't wait to be a Fire Fighter so he can pull the hose all the way out and climb to the top of the ladder.
His favorite part was getting to sit inside the fire truck.
I think Drew will make a great Fire Fighter! He was told that the most important thing for him to do now in preparation to be a Fire Fighter is to do well in school, to be healthy, and to be a good team member. Drew has vowed to work hard in all those areas so that his dream can come true! I know he can do it!
Of course while Drew was interviewing Mario, my other children were busy "playing!"
I am so grateful for the service men and women who protect our community everyday!








No comments:
Post a Comment