Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{Ian's Baptism Day}

This last weekend we had a great celebration as we watched Ian make a life decision and enter into the water of baptism!  He decided to follow in the Lord's footsteps and be baptized to wash away his sins.  He made a special covenant that I hope he honors for the rest of his life.  


Ian - 8 is GREAT!!!



Ian's close friends came to support him!

Max, Ian, & Tristan

Kenny and I are very blessed to have Ian as our son!





Ian was very excited that his daddy could baptize him!


Ian planned the program for his baptism.  He asked his Aunt Carol and Aunt Kim to give talks.  They both did a great job!  Aunt Connie played the piano and Aunt Catherine lead the music.  Ian didn't think Catherine should have to give a talk because she was pregnant!   He did think it would be cool for her and Gabi to sing a special musical number, but they declined!  Grandma Summers and Misty gave the prayers.  We sang Ian's favorite hymns, "I am a Child of God,"  "I Love to see the Temple," and "Families Can Be Together Forever."  Ian thought his baptism was very cool!  He felt the spirit and was very happy!!!




No celebration is complete without cupcakes!  

I am so grateful for our wonderful family!

Grandma and Grandpa Summers and Ian

Super Aunties!!!  Yes, Gabi is included as an Auntie :)


We played hard while the Aunties were here!
 Long walks...

 Lots of games....

 Four Square, Tether Ball, Street Hockey, and  Ladder Ball!!!

I am so grateful for the warm weather we had to play in all weekend.  We had a fabulous time with family and I am so glad that they were able to come out and be with us for Ian's special day!!!



No comments: