Tuesday, January 29, 2013

(100th day of school}

Its that time of year again that my children celebrated their 100th day of school!  I've realized that a much bigger deal is made of the event in kindergarten than the older grades.  Owen was excited to be in  school now for 100 days and was asked to bring 100 of an item to share and count with his friends.  Last year Ian took 100 dog bladder stones.  We try to "think outside the box" and be creative!   So this year Owen took 100 dog teeth!  Kenny has been collecting them for awhile in preparation for this day. Its nice to have a Veterinarian for a daddy, who can bring home some pretty interesting things!


Owen and Ian counted out the 100 teeth before they ran out the door for school.


Owen was excited to tell me all about the fun he had on his 100th day of school!  He said the kids thought the teeth were cool!!!  

The school celebrates the day by having a Math night.  Owen was eager to go!  Unfortunately, the older boys had basketball and scouts.  
 Owen and Ryder Math Wizards!




As we left the school at night, Owen said we needed Ice Cream to celebrate!  This kid milked his 100th day of school all he could!  Of course I didn't disagree!

I am grateful that Owen loves school and is doing so well!  I hope his excitement continues through college and medical school!!! :)

No comments: