Tonight Drew attended his first Blue and Gold banquet for cub scouts. They asked each scout to come with a crock pot full of spaghetti to share and a cake that represented cub scouts. I have to be honest when I read the cake part, I was not excited. I am not a huge fan of making cakes. I am the daughter of a mom who stacked Little Debbie cakes into towers for our birthday! I started researching cub scout cakes and all I found were complicated cakes depicting camping scenes. Not my idea of fun! I asked Drew what he wanted to make and he responded quickly, "A Flag!" I thought about it and thought that should be easy enough.

Drew made the cake and frosted it with the help of Ian.
Here are other cakes made by cub scouts, or should I say moms.....


I loved this idea! Twinkies made into pinewood derby cars. I could do this!


This cake one first place.
Drew received an award for having the most patriotic cake! He was very pleased with the end result.

The boys performed skits, sang a song, and won awards for passing off requirements. It was a fun night and I am proud of Drew for his many accomplishments in scouts!
No comments:
Post a Comment