Kenny is in the bishopric at church, which means he sits up on the stand, leaving me to wrestle my 4 kiddos during sacrament meeting each Sunday. My greatest fear with his calling wasn't the time spent away from us for meetings, but the hour and twenty-minutes of church where I would have to keep my kids quiet and reverent by myself. I prayed that I would be able to handle this task at hand and the Lord did listen to my prayers. He sent to my aid, Sister Salyer! She is an amazing woman who loves my children, is patient, and full of surprises! She came & sat in my pew one Sunday and said, "I just love children, would you mind if I sit with you?" She sat with us that day, & I figured there was no way she would come back to sit with us the next Sunday, but to my amazement, she did! She even brought with her individual bags of snacks and activities for each of my kids! The boys were pumped when she pulled out popcorn and rice krispy treats for snacks. It sure trumped my goldfish snack I had brought for them. For activities she brought Mya a little baby doll and bottle and for Owen a collection of Super Hero's! My prayers were answered and since that Sunday, she has continued to sit with me every Sunday and helped me with my kids. Sister Salyer is my Church Angel!

We went caroling at Sister Salyer's house, where she treated us to popcorn balls! She and Owen are the best buddies. He sits on her lap, playing with her jewelry she is wearing, or examining her outfits. One Sunday he started rubbing her legs, asking her what was on her legs, while pulling on her nylons. She told him what they were and he said, "Yah I have some of those too!'

Sister Salyer realized how much Owen loved the toys she had brought him to church & how he is not a good whisperer, so she sent him home with the Super Hero's. She definitely has won him over & now every Sunday morning as we are getting dressed for church all I have to say to hurry him up is, "We better get dressed quickly or some other kids at church will try to sit by Sister Salyer!" He races to put his clothes on. I am so grateful for the sweet gentleness and love Sister Salyer has shown to me and my family. She will always hold a special place in my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment