Wednesday, December 14, 2011

{Newest Addition}

I have waited to post this blog for a month, because i wasn't sure if our "newest addition" to our family was going to be a permanent addition! While I was in Kansas visiting my sister in November, Kenny sent me a text message saying he had a surprise for me. I was excited and asked him to give me a clue. He sent me this picture!
My heart started racing because I did not recognize the little dog in the picture, but knew Owen was on a trail by our house with Cassie, our black lab. My first thought was that they found this stray dog and that my Veterinarian husband was just doing a good deed and going to take the lost dog to the clinic. He then sent me this picture.........
I was enraged! The rule in my house is NO ANIMALS ALLOWED! I immediately called him and told him to get that mangy dog out of my house. He told me that it was just given a bath and a very clean dog and that the boys love him. He told me to give the dog a chance and to be open minded. Kenny has always wanted to have an inside dog and thought this was the perfect dog. It was a rescue dog and had gotten sick, & Kenny saved it. He then told me that if we could keep the dog I could go with his sisters to Greece! Sold... we are now the proud owners to our 3rd dog, Leo or Louie, depending on which child you ask. And yes...he is slowly growing on me!

***He has moved from only coming inside at night to sleep, to a kennel in the garage with Shelby and Cassie! Win, win for all!

No comments: