Thursday, October 6, 2011

{Breckenridge, Colorado}

Kenny has some great friends that he grew up with in Colorado. They remain close still today & even better, the wives all get along really well too! Every 3 years we get together for a friends/couple's retreat. Our last trip was to Florida were we played out in the sun, so this year we ventured to the beautiful Colorado mountains in Breckenridge, where we enjoyed the beautiful fall. We rented an amazing house and had a fantastic time with each other.
The lovely wives! Darcy, Sarah, Jo, & Steph
& our cute spouses!

We found the men soaking in the hot tub together after a long day had been spent playing golf. We thought it was a funny sight to see and they did get teased!
I celebrated my 31st birthday while I was there and the day could not have been better! It included several hours at the spa, lunch with the girls, shopping, pedicures, lobster, Dairy Queen cake, & a movie. Last year for my 30th I celebrated in Hawaii, I think I might need to keep this tradition alive and travel every year for my birthday!
We spent one morning mountain biking, which was a first for me. I really did enjoy it, however I decided I am more of a, "Stick to the nice level pavement biker!" I always enjoy a little adventure though. The trail was extremely narrow and had sticks and rocks I was trying to ride my bike over, but that wasn't even the bad part! The part that made me nervous, was trying to stay balanced, so I didn't fall down the side of the mountain!
Darin and Eric showing off just how strong they are!
Oh yes, we are just as tough!
Our getaway to Breckenridge was just what I needed. It was nice to reconnect with friends, to enjoy some adult conversation, & to relax with Kenny. I love our friends and can't wait to see where our next trip takes us! We missed our kids terribly, but it was nice to know that they were in good hands at home with grandma.

No comments: