Monday, October 4, 2010

Soccer MOM is Back!


Drew's Team
I didn't grow up playing or watching soccer, but since my boys started last year, I have to admit that I love the game! I'm excited for another season & pleased that both Drew and Ian are eager to play again. Last year the boys were on the same team, which made for one night of practice and one game on Saturday. This year Drew went up a division, so he has practice on Tues. and Thur. nights and games around noon on Sat. Ian has practice on Wed. nights and games Sat. morning. I feel like we are living and breathing soccer right now! On top of the boys being busy with soccer, Kenny volunteered to coach both teams!


Drew (#9) kicked this ball into the goal, unfortunately it was stopped by the goalie. Last year his division didn't have goalies, so he scored several points every game. Not winning by a lot has taken some getting used to this year.

Drew with teammates Chandler & Erik


Proud Daddy, who came from work, hence the non soccer attire!
Drew continues to be Fast, Aggressive, & Super Competitive. During his first game, he kept yelling at other players, both on his team and the opposing team, to quit kicking the ball out of bounds! His favorite position is full back. Ian's soccer playing is another story & another blog!

No comments: