Monday, October 4, 2010

Rain, Rain, PLEASE Stay!

Besides my family, the thing I miss most about Kansas are the storms. We had the best storms in Kansas! I love a good hard rain, with loud thunder and lightning that lights up the whole sky. Rarely in California do we get a good rain. I am always hoping for a little to come our way. Well this last Saturday, the thunder clouds rolled in and the down pour began. I opened up the windows so I could hear the thunder and smell the rain. It was almost like being home again.

I forgot my boys haven't grown up with storms and I was a little surprised with all their squeals when they saw the lightning. It only lasted for a minute though, and then they were out playing in the streets!


The minute the rain started, Ian was outside with his friend Tristan. He didn't stay under the umbrella for very long!
I LOVE Ian! He is my child with Lots of Energy and Spunk! He gets it from my side...I'm proud, and wouldn't want him anyother way.

He said he was in the waterfall!

Drew and Owen joined in on the fun too, but chose to stay under the umbrella.



What a wonderful way to end an afternoon playing in the rain, with a sky filled with two rainbows! The boys were in awe of the rainbows. I'm hoping for more rain to come our way, however, not like the East Coast.

No comments: