Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Date

Drew has been asking me all week to take him on a date too, so we set a time to go on Saturday. I kept it a surprise from him as to where we were going just to add to the excitement. Drew is very festive and loves to celebrate holidays, especially Halloween, so I decide that would be our focus for our date.

We pulled up to the pumpkin patch & he was so happy.
We hunted for the perfect pumpkin's to take home....


Posed with Frankenstein.... Drew's heart was racing as we did this, uneasy about whether or not to trust him.

Made good friends with a monkey....

Got lost in a corn maze.....

Zipped down the tiger slide.....


Held a dragon....
& Fell in LOVE with a snake....






We spent 40 minutes admiring the snakes. Drew requested we take one home with us every minute! He keeps reminding me that for his birthday he wanted a pet in a cage. Now he knows he definitely wants a snake. We will see......
After Drew and I played at the pumpkin patch we headed to Barnes & Noble where Drew read to me Halloween books and picked out 2 books, to buy and take home.
Then it was off to Target to buy some Halloween decorations for our house. Drew has insisted that we try and make our house look haunted, so he chose ghosts to hang from our trees, a lit up pumpkin, and a skull.
Drew and I had a fantastic date! I love the one-on-one time we spent together. Drew is such a loving child, who makes me so proud. I can't wait for our next date.

3 comments:

Babbel Family said...

Girl you are freaking nuts! That snake could eat him in minutes!!!

{Erica} said...

You are such a cool mom! So when are you getting a snake?! :)

Pattersons said...

i love it! the mommy/son date-i could do without the snakes!:) so glad you had fun on your date!