Monday, August 23, 2010

Let the school year begin!

Its hard to believe that I have two kids in school this year! Drew entered 2nd grade and Ian Kindergarten. Unfortunately kindergarten is only half day here, but I'll take what I can get! Ian was sooo excited to go today. He picked out his clothes the night before and came into my room at 6:40am dressed and ready to go.

Ian (5) & Drew (6)

Owen was pouting all morning and devastated that he too was not going to school. We tried to make it better by letting him wear a new shirt, put snacks in a backpack, and pose for a picture. Ian was NOT happy that Owen was in the 1st day of school pic.

When we dropped off Ian at his classroom he went right in and started playing with play dough. He looked at me and waved, gave me a thumbs up, and blew me a kiss! The tears started, I blew him a kiss back, and walked away with Owen whining about how he wanted to play with "taydough".

So that is exactly what we did. We made our own grape play dough and he played with it for hours. I spent my first morning, minus 2 kids, on the phone with my mom and sister. What a perfect morning!
Reports of the first day:
Ian said, "School is Awesome! I want more snacks tomorrow. And did you know they have books that read the words to you and when it beeps you turn the page?"
Drew said, "I like my school and my teacher is nice."
I'm looking forward to watching my boys grow and learn this school year. Owen starts joy school next week!

No comments: