Monday, August 23, 2010

Horror!


So I hate taking all 4 of my children to Walmart and I try to avoid it at all cost. However, every once in awhile I am stuck and have to venture into that store with all my kiddos. I always get looks from strangers and even comments like, "Why, you have your hands FULL!" Drew had a party to go to, with thirty minutes to spare, so I decided we would all run in, go to the toy section, grab something, and get out of there. I thought to myself, "Piece of cake!" As we were running to the toy section, in the very back, Owen announces, "MOOOOOM I have to Pee!" I look at him and he isn't holding "the boys" yet and isn't dancing around, so I tell him to hold it and that we are almost done. We check out in super speed and I'm thinking to myself, "I've even got some extra time to spare." I have by this point completely forgotten about the fact Owen asked to go to the bathroom fifteen minutes ago and decide to check out the dvd in the Red box. As I am quickly making my date night movie choice and paying for it, I realize Owen is NO where to be seen. My heart starts racing and I start calling his name loudly! I'm looking all over the opening of the Walmart by this point, behind soda machines, the toy rides, and he is no where to be found. I've caused a scene by this point and as the door slides open to the entrance of Walmart, a man just standing there looks at me and points down to a little blond hair boy, with his pants down around his ankles, who is peeing into the street, greeting everyone as they walk into Walmart, and says "Is he yours?" I am horrified, grateful, and relieved all at the same time. Owen looks up at me with a smile and says, "I pee peed mommy!" I hug him and tell him he scared me and to never leave my side again. My next immediate thought is, "Yes we are the white trash at Walmart!"

3 comments:

Pattersons said...

OH...MY...GOSH!!! mason and i can't stop laughing:) at owen peeing, not him being lost:) glad everything turned out allright in the end!

Gabriela Hull said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad you found Owen!

Babbel Family said...

LOL- that is so funny!