Thursday, August 19, 2010

Colorado Getaway!

Every summer we travel to Colorado to getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We always have a great time with family and friends. On this vacation, we also traveled over to Utah to hike and visit more family. After a long drive the boys are always ready to burn lots of energy & that is exactly what they did!

Drew is a natural born hiker and would LOVE to live in Colorado so he could go hiking everyday! He is like the energizer bunny and keeps going, and going, and going! He gets mad if the hikes are too short. Here he is scaling a rock in Moab, UT.

The one and only....Famous Aunties! I can't say enough about how blessed I am to be married into such an amazing family. I have so much love, respect, and appreciation for Kenny's sisters. They love my boys so much and are always willing to play Octopus, read books, have slumber party's, hike, and play. My children adore them! We were sad however not to see Cat, Gabi, and the Waters family. Next time :)


Owen is not quite the hiker that Drew & Ian were at his age. This is how he preferred to hike, letting the Aunties do all the work!



Our next stop was Monticello, UT. Kelly Summers, aka Grandpa Summers, grew up in Monticello in an old historic hotel. The boys loved being able to run around the big house and to pick out any room they wanted to sleep in. I loved being able to hear all the fascinating stories about Kelly and his four sisters growing up there. I would love to pick this house up and move it to CA! This home has so much character and charm.

We had fun playing tag in the front yard & Owen had fun shooting all of us!
Kelly's father was a cowboy and they still have land where they herd cattle. The boys enjoyed the hay bales and Mya had fun driving grandmas car! She is naked due to a diaper leak!


Our next stop, for the boys was to camp and hike around Ragged Mountain. I decided this should be a boys only trip, so I spent time with the girls watching the first season of Glee!


Ian loved catching a fish and eating one bite!


Our last hike before leaving beautiful CO was in Grand Junction. Mya got to ride around on daddy's back, thanks to the Grover's letting us borrow their backpack. We don't know how we have gone through 4 kids without getting one of these. Kenny even put her in it to make cookies!
Look how tall Ian is and how long their hair is!


And of course our trip to CO would not be complete without mentioning how wonderfully we ate while there, thanks to Grandma of course!
Not only did we have a great time with family, but we also got to go swimming, to the movies, batting cages, and out to dinner with our friends the Cases, Thergesons, and Alles.
Unfortunately our vacation had to end. Kenny is back to the Vet clinic & I am off getting the boys ready for school that starts Monday. I need another vacation! More details on that trip to come!

1 comment:

Pattersons said...

so glad you had a blast on your vacation:) the pics. were great and i'm seriously thinking we should all go with you next time to colorado!