Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1st camp out of the year

A couple of weeks ago Drew asked if he could write on the calendar. I asked him what he wanted to write and he said, "Mom its time to go camping." So he got out a pencil and decided that the 9th would be a good night to camp out. He also informed me that it was a camp out only for boys. Since the temp is still very chilly at night I was completely ok with that!

Kenny was excited about it and decided that since it is only April and still chilly at night that the backyard would be where they would set up camp.
The boys could not stop talking about it and requested that they go to bed early, bonus for me!

By 3 am the boys were back inside cozy in their beds due to a leaky air mattress and the fact that it was still pretty chilly for camping. Kenny informed me that it was time for a bigger tent. I guess he doesn't like to sleep at the foot of an air mattress with his feet hanging off. So this week we went to Bass Pro Shop, picked up a 9 person tent with two rooms. One room for the kiddos and one room for Kenny and I, now that makes camping sound a little more fun! Let the camping begin...when it warms up!

1 comment:

Pattersons said...

so fun! glad all the boys had a good time:)