The construction of our home was completed in 2006 when we bought it, however the work on the inside continues to go on, and on, and on. I can't wait for the day for all interior and exterior projects to be completed. I'm sure when that happens I'll be bored with the look and be ready to redecorate! So one of my projects was the boys room. Even though we have rooms to spare, Kenny thought it would be fun for the boys to share a room. I was skeptical of the idea, but let him win this battle, and I'm glad I did. The boys love sharing a room and sometimes it takes longer to get them to sleep, but I do love listening to the giggling coming from their room at night. Drew loves signs, so we went with that for our theme for the room. I also wanted bedding that we could use for years to come. I love the vibrant colors of the quilts. Enjoy!

I found this great old wagon at an antique store in town. We use it to hold books.

Kenny surprised me with the boys name signs. He actually purchased them before we had even decided on naming Owen, Owen. This project has taken years! Its taken us so long because we were waiting to see if Mya was going to be a boy, it would determine the need of a twin or another bunk bed set.

This dresser was given to me from my parents. It was actually used by my dad when he was a boy. I love that my boys are now able to say they are using Grandad's dresser! What a treasure!

The license plates came from the boys' Great Grandpa Scott, Great Grandpa Elliott, and Grandpa Summers old trucks.
We had fun putting the boys room together. Now onto the next project!
5 comments:
So cute Johanna! I love the bedding. It's fabulous. And I also love that you incorporated sentimental pieces into the room! So cute!
I love it! I love how you mixed sentimental things with new.
Great job!!! It looks straight out of a "Pottery Barn Kids" catalogue!! (And if you're wondering, that is an ultimate of compliments. I love PBK)
way cool johanna...and kenny! love the idea and the room looks amazing:)
wow, i love it! that must have been so fun! i love the sentimental value, awesome.
Post a Comment